Omagh Chamber of Commerce and industry is the voice of business in the Omagh Area with approximately 130 members. We empower ambitious business people to connect, learn and grow together. Our vision is to be a vibrant and prosperous district where all businesses can thrive.
Business Development Officer
Omagh Enterprise Centre
25 hours weekly to be reviewed after 3 months, by Chamber Council. The post holder may have the ability to work flexibly from home with at least two days in office.
£12.50 per hour – reviewed annually.
To assist with the development and implementation of strategies to grow and sustain Chamber membership, provide services to existing members and other related duties.
Summary of Main Duties:
- To assist with the development of the Chambers marketing strategy.
- To implement the Chambers marketing strategy through the promotion of the benefits of Chamber membership to potential new members.
- To draft, manage and update the Chambers marketing and promotional material on the Chamber’s website, social media platforms and liaise with print and audio/visual media.
- To identify and recruit new members to the Chamber.
- To support Chamber members through research and information sharing on emerging issues.
- To plan, coordinate and deliver a number of business networking events either in person or digitally as appropriate.
- To manage and build effective working relationships with key stakeholders including Town Centre Forum, local Council, Invest NI, Manufacturing N.I, Retail N.I, and Hospitality Ulster.
- To provide support to the President to lobby local and central government.
- Provide administrative support to the President including monthly meetings with persons of interest, i.e. MLA’s or local councillor meetings.
- To operate Quick Books accounts software, monitor and update the Chamber Council/Treasurer monthly.
- To monitor income and expenditure and engage with Auditors and Treasurer when necessary.
- To liaise with appropriate bodies to identify funding and sponsorship opportunities.
- To strictly adhere to the Chamber’s Confidentiality policy.
- To perform all duties to a high quality and standard.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the President.
- 3rd level = GNVQ Advanced/A level Qualification or equivalent in business studies or a related field, or higher.
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics (Grade A-C) or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competence in the use of IT including the Microsoft suite of applications and all Social media Platforms.
- At least 2 years work experience in a Business work setting
- Proven networking skills in a business context
- Excellent Organisational skills and Project Management Skills
- Highly Motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Access to a vehicle and able to travel for business purposes as required or ability to demonstrate mobility.
- High Level of written communication skills to include speech writing
To apply please apply in writing with your CV and drop your application into :
Omagh Enterprise Company Limited
Great Northern Road
Omagh, Co. Tyrone